Submitted by Kathleen Thomas on behalf of Primrose Preschools
Dance can be a fun, easy way to introduce physical activity into a child's life. As a provider of educational day care, Primrose Schools has recognized and is actively fighting against the childhood obesity epidemic. Childhood obesity is a critical issue for young children in America. The Family Dance-off supports Children's Miracle Network Hospitals, a non-profit organization that raises funds for more than 170 children's hospitals, which collectively treat 17 million children annually for every illness and injury imaginable.
Through their annual Family Dance-off event, families are encouraged to record and submit a 30 second video of themselves dancing to promote fitness and strengthen family ties.
Participating in the Family Dance-off is easy:
- Record a 30-second video of your family's best dance moves. Don't be afraid to let loose and be silly!
- Visit The Family Dance-off site and upload your best take by March 19.
- Share your video with your friends via email, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- View and vote daily (you can place five votes per day) for your favorite family dance video!
What would a competition be without prizes? Primrose Schools is providing prizes that aren't only great for your family but for your whole community, with $65,000 in donations to local Children's Miracle Network Hospitals:
- Grand Prize: $5,000 and Primrose will make a $30,000 donation to a local Children's Miracle Network Hospital
- 2nd Prize: $3,000 and Primrose will make a $20,000 donation to a local Children's Miracle Network Hospital
- 3rd Prize: $1,500 and Primrose will make a $15,000 donation to a local Children's Miracle Network Hospital
- All 14 Finalists will also receive a FLIP camcorder
Visit The Family Dance-off site for details on how to take part in the fight against childhood obesity, participate in the competition, and view past competitors!