Enticing much? :)Alright there, peeps...don't forget to enter my RxSorbo insole giveaway! I use these insoles in my walking shoes and they make my feet feel über good. You have until tomorrow to enter, so check it out.
Since yesterday was National Running Day, of course I had to get in some miles. The weather was once again, crappy, so the treadmill seemed like my best bet. Running on the treadmill is harder for me lately because I get so freaking hot! Instead of just running a full 3 miles, I broke it down into three 1 milers. It gave me a chance to get my HR down and cool off before squeaking in the next mile. Which reminds me that I need to use that treadmill lube on my poor Smooth Fitness...it's squeaking horribly. I'm sure it didn't bother Travis as he tried to work on the computer. Heh heh. *evil*
A little while back I was tagged as a Versatile Blogger by Tall Mom Mel & Khianna. Thank you ladies!
Here are 7 random facts about 'lil 'ol me:
- I cannot put a bra on like everyone else. You know, cups first then hook? I have to hook it in the front, then swirl it around.
- I walk on my tiptoes if I'm barefoot/sockfooted on linoleum or hardwood. Always have, always will.
- One summer (I think it was back in 2002) while in Massachusetts, all 5 of us sisters weighed the same (115). It was weird, we thought the scale was broken, but our Uncle tried it and it wasn't. We are all different heights, so it was kind of awesome. Yeah, that was random.
- Speaking of sisters, my big sister Karrie has a fashion blog and she was featured on Glamour.com a few weeks ago! I brag! I'm proud!
- I met my hubby on College Facebook....Facebook before it became what it is. :)
- I'm an iPhone junkie. I love it tons and it has changed my life! (Really!) In fact, I now work for a small iPhone app company run by my bro-in-law. Plus, I don't run without my iPhone...it's my music source and my in-case-of-an-emergency access to a phone. [Shameless biz promotion...look up iCollect Movies or World Customs and Cultures in the iTunes app store]
- Perhaps at least one of these should be about running? Yeah. ;) Ok, my running hero is my Uncle Doug (aka Coach Fish). He's an amazing runner, and this year he's making a comeback into racing (starting with the Osterville Road Race in July!! I'll be there!). My goal for him is Boston. But, he could totally qualify in his sleep. His goal for me is Boston too. So we'll see how this pans out after Goober comes along! Woot!
Now I must pass this on to 15 awesomely versatile bloggers! Since this has been going around already, a few are dupes. So consider yourselves even more versatile. :)
- Morgan aka The Redhead: She just moved away from sunny Florida to be with her hunny. Commence the "schmoopy."
- Tall Mom Mel: So glad I met this mama last year at Fleet Feet! She's so inspiring, and fun to run with.
- Laura at Jog for Joubert Syndrome: She runs/blogs/lives for a very worthy cause!
- Glenn: I keep telling him to change his blog name from the Running Fat Guy to the Running PHAT Guy. He's hardcore!
- Emily: Um, what more can I say about the runner behind "Sweat Once a Day?" I admire her so much! She makes BQ'ing look like a walk in the park.
- TMB: Completely jealous of her Running Skirt collection...and her race day style! And I definitely look up to her when it comes to running while prego.
- Erica at Run Mommy Run!: She's hooked on running now! Her little girls are adorable! And she's always very encouraging in comments.
- Karrie: Um, Hello Pretty [Awesome]. Enough said. Love you sis.
- Nikki: Shout-out to the other prego running mama! Woot!
- Liz: Writing Mommy extraordinaire. Overall tough chick and cool sis-in-law.
- Kerrie: Following her running journey has been a trip! She's got a couple half marathons under her belt and it hasn't even been a year yet! Plus, her 'Bu has butt-warmer seats...ahhhhh. :)
- Katye: Love this girl. Who couldn't? She's got personality and determination and some killer shoelaces!
- Penny: I love Penny. She's always smiling and has the coolest race day outfits! Plus, her dog Velcro is the sweetest looking pup.
- Billy: He's a character. Plus he's crazy insane when it comes to trail running. I think he spells his name wrong though. It should be Billë. Ha!
- Lindsay: Chasing the Kenyans is right. Hello speed racer! Reading her race recaps makes me want to run fast with her.
15! Wow! I could go on...you all are pretty wicked awesome I think. :)