I seriously hate the word. It sounds so discouraging and limiting. I guess it can mean more than “losing weight” though. I’m not overweight, and I don’t need to lose any extra poundage. The DIET I’m talking about is eating healthy and gaining energy, which is something I need. Ok, I’m going to say it, but you KNOW what I mean:
I need to go on a diet.
Crap, I said it. I hate it already. But here I go…
1. I’m a carb-o-holic, and I love me some bread/bagels/etc, but that’s the first thing I need to cut back on.
GOAL #1: Less useless carbs, more whole grains and “good” carbs
2. Next, I need to be sure to up my daily water intake. I’m doing pretty well with this so far, but I think I could do better. Always room for improvement, of course!
GOAL #2: More H2O
3. I don’t eat a lot of meat usually, and I’m not much of a cook, so my protein intake is next to nothing. I have been drinking shakes in the morning that have 10g of protein though, and they’re yummy, but then again, I’m a runner…and I need my muscles to be in tiptop shape.
GOAL #3: More protein
4. I’ll be the first to admit: I have a SERIOUS sweet tooth, especially for candy (M&M’s, Skittles, Chewy Runts, 3 Muskateers, etc). This is even harder for me to say but…
GOAL #4: Less sugar/candy
5. I already take my vitamins everyday (with a few mishaps every so often), but I would like to maintain this schedule (Multivitamin, Fish Oil, Calcium/Vitamin D).
GOAL #5: Vitamins everyday
6. I’m not that great at eating my veggies. Plus, I'm a horribly picky eater
GOAL #6: More fruits and veggies
Healthy Habits Currently In Progress:
- Stretching/Sit-Up breaks at work 11am and 2pm everyday
- Stairs at work
- Walking from work to Trav’s car (about .9 miles)
- Running as much as possible (woot!)
Yes I can!